Local veterans heading to national monuments | News
Today marks the third trip for Oklahoma veterans to visit national memorials dedicated to honoring their service and sacrifices.
A plane is set to lift off on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 from Will Rogers World Airport. The plane will carry 100 Oklahoma veterans to our nation's capitol.
They are flying free of charge, thanks to the Honor Flight Program.
The group is going to visit our country's sacred war monuments, symbolizing wars they fought including WWII, Korea and Vietnam.
Tuesday night, the veterans held a pre-flight event at Rose State College, which allowed organizers, friends and family to gather together and wish our veterans a safe trip.
Another honor flight is scheduled to take off from Tulsa in June.
For more information on the flights, visit the program's website.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Scattered showers make their way into the state; highs in the 70s Monday
- Bricktown bleeds blue in anticipation of tonight’s game
- GEARING UP FOR PLAYOFFS: Thunder looks to strike down Grizzlies
- Oklahoma prison closing down operations
- “We will never forget” Oklahomans gather to remember 19 years after bombing